Day 518 Snow Day

 

A snow day in New England is as relaxing as it is beautiful, when it happens on a Sunday. It was a perfect day to lounge about in PJ's, confident there wouldn't be company dropping by or a need to run errands.  I had busted my butt to get Christmas decor put away on Saturday, in preparation of my lazy snow day. Just like everything else, a day to relax needs to be planned, timed perfectly and of course appreciated when it all comes together. The morning rain shifted to snow by mid afternoon and with a lemon pound cake baking in the oven the house smelled delicious and was warm and cozy. Tim watched tv and put in his daily hours studying alien life on the computer while I baked, changed bedding and worked on a craft project for a friends birthday. Maybe I need to work on my lounge about skills? Even without wasting the day away I enjoyed the slow pace and the luxury of free time. There's not much that beats the value of time so it's important to use it or waste it wisely. Even waking up at the crack of dawn the day seems to be too short to work in everything I want to do or get done, although I give it my best shot on the daily. I did stop scurrying to sit and watch a movie once the sun went down. There's a remake of the movie Alive called Society of the Snow about the 1972 airplane crash in the Andes. It is an incredible story about survival, human triumphs and inconceivable choices. If it were a fictional Hollywood movie script you'd think it was totally unbelievable, unrealistic and yet it's a true story!! I won't give it away if you're unfamiliar, but it's a story that should inspire everyone to appreciate each and every day, our cozy beds, warm meals and comforts we take for granted. Maybe it's only from our warm and cozy homes that we can smile at Mother Nature and her chilly temps and blustery snow flakes, knowing that for the moment, we are safe and secure. Home sweet home is never more appreciated than on a snow day making me feel badly for folks in Southern California. Thankful to our beautiful New England weather for a day of relaxation and peacefulness and for the beauty of a winter wonderland. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts