Day 523 Fortune

 

I couldn't resist this little Feng Shui money frog, he looks as if he's always belonged on my nightstand. Yes, I'm a sucker for strange things, love them, but this token frog is suppose to bring me good fortune, who wouldn't want that?? I am quite the dichotomy when it comes to my household. On one hand I follow the principals of Feng Shui, believing in the importance of placement to create the best flow and vibe throughout my home. On the other hand, I have way too much stuff, especially clothes and I'm sure would be told by any Feng Shui professional that I'm stifling the flow of chi. Oh well, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. If you've never studied Feng Shui, it's really very interesting and easy to apply simple changes to create better flow. Feng Shui is important when trying to create a warm and inviting home and most of the principals are just good common sense.  One example that makes me laugh is that you should never have a back door directly across from your front door, showing guests the way out as soon as they come in. Seems pretty basic but it makes sense. It seems the devils in the details and there's no item in our homes that doesn't or shouldn't have meaning. On the surface it might look like I have random tchotchke here and there but each piece has a greater meaning to me or the flow, just like my little frog. Who knows if this little guy will bring me fortune, what the heck would I consider fortune anyway? Should I expect millions or is the fortune being able to lay down in a warm bed each night with a roof over my head and a full belly? Not sure what that golden ring we all strive to catch will bring us, what more do we want really? I seem to have all the good fortune a gal could ask for and a home with chi flowing throughout almost every room, ok, it gets stuck when traveling through my piles of clothes but otherwise it's flowing! I'll keep you posted on my incoming fortune, let you know if this money frog delivers more than just nightstand beauty. Although for now, I feel quite fortunate being warm and safe through yet another rain storm, sitting in my kitchen feeling the chi flow freely around me. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts