Day 3 Just a Gal & her Chicken


 After a long day at work it's so nice to come home to my girls. They run to greet me every day and any troubles are forgotten! The above photo is me with Betty White, she's a couple years old and was almost killed this summer by a Mink. Seriously a Mink came up from the river behind my house and attacked and killed two of my girls. Carol Baskin and Yellow Bird were both murdered in the night,  Betty was to be next. The mink was on top of her biting her neck when my husband ran out with the lid of a rubber maid container as a weapon and knocked it off and the battle began. The fight went on for a while, it was 4am and pouring rain and although Tim was unprepared for the fight with his plastic lid, he thankfully prevailed and saved my flock!! I was away visiting my son during this ordeal, and received a text at 4:30am saying, "bad news" I called immediately and was told about the stealth attack by the mink. Let's face it, it could have been worse, If I didn't have my brave, lid carrying defender, all of my girls might have met a dreadful fate that night. So here I am, after work, giving my girl some love! Betty is a survivor and always gets a bit of extra attention these days. My dress of choice is a simple Ann Taylor Loft dress, I don't love the length and I'm usually not into grays but it served its purpose for the day. I do love the green Kate Spade bracelet I wore with it, picking up the green in the belt and of course my pearls.  Betty White and I agree that every outfit looks better with pearls. 

Quick side note: I put a bat at the backdoor for Tims next battle. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts