Day 7 Serendipity

 




Amazing Sunday in NYC! Woke up early, as always, wrote my blog, showered and put on a pink and blue stripped Lilly Pulitzer dress with little pearl embellishments all over. I paired the dress with pink wedge slides and a beautiful pearl necklace my step daughter gave me. Once Tim got ready we were set to take on the city. We walked about 10-15 minutes from our hotel to a breakfast spot we had googled. It had a hip vibe and unique menu. While we were eating I noticed a man and his wife walk by… it was Bill Janovitz the lead singer from Buffalo Tom, the  band we had just seen the night before and he reason we were in NYC at all!! What are the chances??? Of course my friends won't  be surprised, it’s the Serendipity of the universe showing me some love! After breakfast we walked over to his table and chatted with Bill and his wife, we told him what a great show it was and he and Tim talked about his various concert tours. His wife thanked us for stopping to say hi and took our picture. They were both super nice and a pleasure to chat with. Not a bad way to start the day! 

Of course you can’t visit NYC without taking in a broadway show. I love that Tim didn’t comment on how much money the show tickets were, he just patiently waited outside the ticket booth breathing deeply into a brown paper bag while I paid for them. We had a few bloody Mary’s at an Irish pub then headed out for a bit of shopping. Tim kept suggesting different stores but I had something else in mind.  I was looking for  person with merchandise laid out on a blanket. A vendor ready to spring into action, fold up shop and run in a red hot minute! I found my street & street vendor  and 3 bootleg bags later we were off to our show. MJ the Musical was absolutely amazing!! The music was thrilling (pun intended) and the choreography mind blowing. I had an outstanding view with a small child in front of me, a stark contrast to the basketball player seated in front of Tim. There’s really nothing like a great show!! I was not as  dressed as fancy as I would like to have been for the show, but that little dress had to go from early morning until midnight so I’d say it earned its keep. I am glad I had the forethought to take Monday off. What a weekend! all this fun is exhausting! 

Comments

  1. That dress was a great choice to go from breakfast to shopping to broadway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t wait to see these bags!! Dress was a great choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!! Sounds like it was an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this purple dress!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts