Day 52 Basics

 

The shift dress is a must have in your closet, in a variety of colors. I have several navy blue that might look the same, but are all slightly different. This navy, Cynthia Rowley, shift was the perfect backdrop to show off my new jacket. I picked up this little wool jacket at a thrift shop the other day for $4. The vintage style reminds me of  Jackie O, classic, stylish and timeless. The pearls were given to me by my son years ago and absolutely my favorite. I loved everything about this outfit and beamed with confidence throughout the day, a great outfit will do that!  If you're running around trying to keep up with the latest style, slow down and focus on your basics and a few pieces that pop. We often overlook the simple foundations needed to put together a great outfit. The plain "boring" dress is an absolute must have for showcasing another fashion item, whether  it be a jacket, scarf or necklace. Of course, shoes make or break an outfit, thankfully these plain blue patent leather pumps with a chunky heel where perfect. I found them on Amazon  and purchased three out of the four colors offered.  I might need to go back for the remaining color, hate to leave the red behind.  The right shoes make putting together any outfit much easier, so buy the shoes! Some outfits reveal your inner confidence and style and this one radiated with timeless beauty. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts