Day 54 Sweater Dress

 

Time for sweater dresses to be pulled out, the perfect dress for this time of year. I was chatting sweaters and necklines with friends the other day, turtlenecks, v-necks and my favorite, the cowl neck. My friends tried to tell me the cowl neck is not in fashion anymore, so I pulled out this little number to prove them wrong. The cowl neck gained its popularity in the 1930's and made a come back in the 1970's, although in my opinion, it's never been out of style. I love the look and unlike a turtleneck, that can make you feel like you're being choked all day, it gives you warmth with breathing room. I found another pair of black boots in the back of my closet, these have a high heel so gave the dress a fancier look. This dress has a cable knit design so I let that be the focus and other than big gold hoop earrings didn't wear jewelry.  Tim and I went to the beach club to watch the last sunset of September and to say goodbye to our summer friends that are heading back to their winter homes. The cool temps and overcast skies kept us inside the club all evening but it was still fun and my little dress kept me warm and cozy all night. I was a bit confused by the 3/4 sleeves on this dress, if you're making a sweater dress give it long sleeves please. Someone thought I was wearing the same outfit as the day before, not even close, different black dress and totally different black boots but I do agree this look can become stale if worn too much. For a cool night the sweater dress is the perfect choice, it's the comfort food of clothing.  

Comments

  1. Love it …and that cowl can never go out of style😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts