Day 62 Florida

 

First full day in Florida was filled with sunshine, rain and of course shopping. I love to visit all the fantastic shops and explore Florida fashion. It's amazing how different the style is here, although I might only be seeing vacation mode style. We had to stop at Victoria Secret so I could pick up a couple new bras, then grabbed Starbucks and headed home. We sat poolside soaking up a bit of vitamin D before the sky turned ominous and forced us inside. We were happily enjoying an afternoon cocktail by the time the rain began so the timing wasn't bad. I changed into this fabulous, New York Company, navy blue dress for dinner, one of the few dresses I brought. I love this dress, soft easy fabric for a casual style while the length gives it a formal look. A high neckline can be so elegant, so I let it stand without cluttering it up with jewelry. If you're looking at the wine wall behind me, isn't it amazing?! Such a cool idea for a dining room wall and fantastic for storing and showing off great wine! We had an amazing dinner out at The Bistro, with my friends brother and sister in law. It's always fun to share family stories, memories of growing up and the traumas of what horrible things your parents made you eat. I don't think there are many kids today that are served liver and onions for dinner or given Rum Raisin ice cream as dessert?!? We ate to sustain life, not for enjoyment, could be why there was very little childhood obesity back then, kids certainly weren't overeating. We're hoping for a bit more sunshine today, our plan is lounging by the pool, although there's no doubt we will enjoy whatever the day brings us. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts