Day 64 Sending Love

 

What a fantastic day with my friend. We took care of the important business of getting manicures and pedicures then spent the day lounging by the pool, tough life but someones got to do it. My friends neighbor, a charming, beautiful older women, came by for a visit and brought a delicious plate of cookies. We enjoyed an afternoon cocktail and each others stories of family and interests. She is a golfer so of course I told her I've had a lesson and look forward to coming back to play, since I'm a golfer now! After her neighbor left we quickly changed for dinner and decided on a casual night of pizza at Cucina. I threw on this fabulous Ann Taylor wrap dress with a bright orange print. The soft cotton felt so nice after a day of sunbathing. We were both exhausted from all that sunshine so it was an early night,  lounging by the pool sure does take it out of you! A friend called me later in the evening, who was sad and feeling depressed. I wish I could climb through the phone to hug them and let them know how much I care. Depression and anxiety are such a plague and so difficult to overcome. It's hard for those of us who have never suffered to understand, although we try to empathize. I spent a bit of time on the internet researching remedies for depression, and ordered a few aromatherapy products and anti anxiety chewing gum. I realize it is a silly gesture but figure it's better than sending nothing! Hopefully my gifts will be received with the love and support in which they were sent. I've often been told I suffer from an over inflated ego, oh how I wish that were contagious!! I'll be lounging by the pool again today surrounded with the love of my best friend, knowing how blessed I am, wishing I could bottle that feeling and mail that to my friend at home. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts