Day 73 Black Dress

 

Happy to report I have found a home for my rooster!! After contacting over a dozen farm friends, I finally heard back from one that will take him. Even better, he will live a long and very happy life at, "The Gentle Farm". No kidding, that's the name of her farm! I rescued him as a chick and now I've saved him again, that's one lucky bird!! I 'm not sure when he's making the big move, but convinced it can't be soon enough for my neighbors. In other reports, black was the color of choice for a busy mid-week day. I seem to have dozens of black dresses, don't we all need a good black dress? I believe, imbedded in our minds, is that crazy myth of black making us look slim or doing some kind of magic to transform us into fashion models. As much as I love a black dress, sorry folks, no such luck. Black can be very sophisticated, but it's not hiding the realities of our figures. We each need to find what works with our own fabulous shape, then go with whatever color we want! Focus on the style of the dress for form flattering perfection. This basic black cotton shift by Adrienne Vittadini is perfect for any season and worked well with my new white jacket with fun black ribbon accents. I absolutely love a fashionable little jacket and makes wearing dresses in the cooler weather so much easier. Changing my purse daily to match each outfit drives me a bit crazy, I seem to always forget to transfer something of importance. I don't usually wear my black high heel pumps but went for it, the outfit needed a classic shoe. I felt so proper all day in my fancy outfit, but changed into grubby clothes the minute I got home, those heels wouldn't work well in my coop and my chickens don't appreciate style. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts