Day 74 The Gentle Farm

 

I couldn't have found a better home for my rooster!! He's one lucky bird to have been taken in at the Gentle Farm, where he can live a long and happy life surrounded by a flock of beautiful hens. Catching him to transport him was a bit of a challenge, understatement of the year. My daughter dropped my grandsons off in the afternoon just in time for them to watch their old grammy try to catch him. It took me 30 minutes of near misses before I was able to wrangle him into his carry case, thoroughly entertaining my grandsons. The 4.5 mile morning hike through Great Swamp paled in comparison to the workout I got trying to catch that feisty bird. Once at the farm we absolutely loved visiting all the animals, mini horses, donkeys, rabbits, goats and of course lots of chickens. What a wonderful farm filled with so much love. My friend, who owns the farm, rescues abused and neglected animals. It was incredible to see photos of her animals upon their arrival, emaciated and barely alive. Once under her care the animals thrive with lots of nurturing, love and kindness. My grandsons and I visited with each animal and tried, to no avail, to pick our favorites. My friend thought I was a bit fancy for the farm in my knee high suede boots and wool dress but she also knows that's just how I roll. She said I was too hip to be a grammy, aren't grammy's suppose to be hip? I'd say overall it was a successful day, fantastic hike, new home for my rooster, time with my grandsons and visit with an old friend at her farm. Waking up this morning to the sound of peace and quiet is my gift to my neighbors and the cherry on top! 


Comments

  1. So happy for Khan…and your neighbors! #theroostersbeensaved

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to welcome Kahn to the flock! It was a pleasure to show you and the boys around The Gentle Farm. Come on back any time to sit a spell with the critters again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SlightlyOverdressedRachelOctober 23, 2022 at 3:43 AM

      I will be back soon for another visit! So happy he is in such good hands.

      Delete
  3. Glad you found a good home for him 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. SlightlyOverdressedRachelOctober 23, 2022 at 3:42 AM

    Are you serious?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts