Day 114 Old Wounds

 

What to wear for a surgical procedure?? Humor me while I backtrack to catch you up to speed. A year and a half ago I had the great idea to do a bit of gardening, foolish of me. The ground was wet and as I climbed up out of a gully my foot slipped sending me face first on my paved driveway, ouch! It was a pain explosion followed by a steady blood flow. I was home alone, not sure how bad the injury was so called a friend to come help me assess. Upon her arrival she immediately brought me to the ER, where they seemed as concerned as she was! I had hit my forehead pretty badly as well as smashed and cut my nose. The dr. confirmed my nose was broken and I had a mild concussion, no one seemed concerned about the cut,  just the broken nose and head injury! A few days later I underwent surgery to straighten out the bones in my poor nose, again, ouch! As I healed I noticed the cut seemed to still have a piece of gravel in it from my driveway, but figured it might work its way out. I tried to help it along by steaming it and picking at it but that darn piece of gravel wouldn't budge. It looked like I had a blackhead, not the look I go for. My dermatologist suggested I have it surgically removed before scar tissue envelops it and creates a bump. So here I am a year and a half later finally going in to have that darn piece of gravel taken out! It was a quick procedure and only needed a couple/few small stitches. I took the before photo knowing I'd be bandaged up for a week, crossing my fingers the new scar won't be too bad. So, what to wear for a surgical procedure? Well, when it's your face I recommend anything button up so nothing has to hurt coming off. This jean dress was perfect for the day with full front buttons. I wore my comfy boots with a tan sweater that looks like it came out of someones grandfathers closet. You'll have to check back tomorrow for bandage picture, I'm not one to share gory photos so don't plan on sharing the uncovered wound until it's healed. 

Comments

  1. I remember the day Rachel broke her nose in that bizarre gully gulch gardening accident. I was on travel in San Diego and had just got back to the hotel after a long day of work. I was staying at a beautiful hotel in Shelter Island I had just sat poolside in the sun. I was watching the small colorful birds that looked like mini parrots flying around when my Facetime call from Rachel came in. Black and blue face, big old bandage on her nose - it looked rough. "Are you...are you laying by a pool?" were the first words out of her mouth. I felt a wave of shame and fear come over me as I scanned the area for some machinery or a dumpster to stand by to finish the Facetime call. "Pool? Hell, no...I'm just hanging out by this dumpster. "Your face doesn't look so bad", I lied. She looked skeptical. I'm not a fan of Facetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you😘❤️ Feel better🥰 Thanks Tim😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that grandfather sweater and boots!! Hope you recover quickly with little scarring

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts