Day 94 My Dad

 

Waking up at 4am sure does take a toll by the end of the day. I will to try to take a photo earlier in the day before I'm ragged and frazzled, but that didn't happen so enjoy my weary look.  I had a great morning with my new routine, day two of my new cleaning ritual. I chose this plain black Loft  black dress so I could wear my cute off white jacket with pretty black trim. The dress was just the backdrop, good thing, since it didn't work otherwise. I'm sure it's a perfectly nice dress, just a bit too short on me, either that or I'm just too tall for it at my towering 5' 2 1/2". Maybe it just looked wrong because I wore flats instead of my heels? Don't all dresses look better with heels? Maybe it was the shorter style with flared skirt? Whatever it was, the outfit fell flat, not even my beautiful pearls could save it, oh well. Other than my miss of outfit choice, my day was great. Tim even began learning how to play cribbage!! My son, Tim and I all played a game after dinner. My son explains games a million times better than I do, so he was the official instructor. I needed a bit of a refresher since I haven't played in years, but it comes right back as you play. Happy to report it was a close game but I ended up pegging out and winning, yay! My son and I reminisced about my dad throughout the game. My dad loved playing cribbage, he taught me how to play when I was little and taught my son how to play by age five! My dad thought my son was remarkably smart, of course he was right!  He was such a strong character and had funny sayings for everything. My son recited phrases my dad used while playing and we both felt grateful for his eternal presence. Funny how you can remember someones laugh so vividly it makes you smile while bringing tears to your eyes. Not a day goes by I don't miss my dad, he was larger than life and to this day the only human that has ever called me sweetheart. I'm thankful my kids knew him well enough to recite his jokes, remarks and phrases so clearly and remember him so fondly. I've been told a time or two that I'm just like my dad in looks and in personality, if true, good for me! Back to my poor choice for the days fashion, you can't see it in the photo but holy cow were my legs cold! For heavens sake wear nylons when it's thirty degrees outside. Note to self: wear nylons on cold days, flats might feel good but with flared dresses wear the heels, sleep in past 4am and take a photo earlier in the day!! 

Comments

  1. I totally agree on the nylons but I truly feel you could wear a paper bag and look beautiful 🤗👯‍♀️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts