Day 133 Expectations

 

A bit shocking I got dressed at all after all the holiday festivities! Not only did I manage to put together an outfit, I even went for a morning walk with my good friend. When she called, first thing in the morning I wasn't sure if I had the energy to go, but after a few miles in the fresh morning air I was happy I forced myself out. I had lots of things to do at home after a house full and thankfully only a few errands to run. I had ordered something from a store, when I arrived to pick it up the line was at least nine people deep behind me. The woman at the registered and I chatted and I offered to step aside and wait while she rang a few people out, my items weren't up front anyway. As we made small talk she thanked me at least four times for being so nice. What?? Since when is being nice not the norm? Sadly, I think people have become impatient and overall cranky, anyone that works with the public taking the brunt of it. I hope with the new year we also welcome in kindness and patience! Nice should be the expectation with no thanks needed, kindness will be my wish for 2023 instead of a resolution. Ok, rant over.. now on to my outfit. This beautiful flower print dress is a rare Lilly Pulitzer sweater dress. Yes, Lilly makes winter dresses too! Sadly, it went unseen by anyone but me, being covered by a coat while I was out and about. I must also admit I was in my PJ's by 5:30pm desperately needing to catch up on my beauty rest. It felt amazing to climb into bed early, watch nonsense on tv and fall asleep at a reasonable hour! Thankful to feel rested and ready for the next holiday event! 

Comments

Popular Posts