Day 147 Casual Wear and Waistlines

 

First day of the new year we spent the afternoon at the beach with friends. Mother Nature gave us a beautiful day of sunshine and warm temps, enough to be outside without a coat! There was an embarrassing about of food for the afternoon with everyone bringing a dish to share. I may need a fasting cleanse after weeks of holiday celebrations, or at least a salad or two! Dresses are so much more forgiving then a pair of jeans, I'll have to put pants on today to make sure I can still zip them up! I loved this loose fitting charcoal colored, cotton, Ann Taylor dress. It was perfect for a casual day at the beach club and a questionable waistline. I almost didn't find this dress in my closet, must admit It was a bit of a struggle to unearth a dress that fit the bill for the day. I am running out of casual winter dresses, still have an abundance of fancy, work or super formal but winter casual is starting to get tough. Might be because I typically wouldn't wear dresses as much throughout the winter, unless for a party. As I looked through my wardrobe, searching for something informal I wondered how many events I'd have to attend to wear all of my fancy cocktail dresses? Here we are through the holiday season and I haven't worn a fraction of them. Is it because I didn't go to as many parties as I typically would, or at least imagined I might?  Is it because I need multiple options for each event? I just know that as I looks through my formal dress options they remain unworn and it's January now! I might have to do a formal Friday each week and just wear them, either that or increase my social calendar. 

Comments

Popular Posts