Day 146 Cheers to the New Year!

 

New Years Eve, no pressure at all to live it up! Tim and I weren't sure we we going to make it out at all, tired from the night before and all snuggled up on the couch. I hadn't put on a dress all day so figured I'd throw on a blah dress just for a photo, kind of a cheat but there it is. I grabbed a black dress with 3/4 sleeves I had picked up at a thrift store for .99 Cents thinking we would be staying in. Once I had my makeup done, jewelry on and hair out of a mess, I felt rejuvenated so off we were. We had been invited to a friends house along with a group of our beach club friends. It's fun to see all your summer friends throughout the winter and make fun plans for the season ahead. People were chatting about their various resolutions, typical self improvement plans, I prefer to set fun goals. I love setting a goal to connect more with friends, to write more notes to people I love and to host more parties. Life is short, I want to spend as much time as possible with the people that make my soul shine. We all should eat healthier, drink less, get in better shape, blah blah blah... we know all that. We don't need to start out the new year thinking of all of our inadequacies. I look to the year ahead as another great adventure, with enthusiasm and anticipation of all the amazing experiences ahead. The new year is also a time I take stock in all people I've lost throughout my life and can only carry with me in spirit. It reminds me what a blessing it is to ring in each new year and what a gift it is to grow old, especially when you're lucky enough to be surrounded by love. I'm thankful for my family and friends and all the people that help make my adventures through life enjoyable and filled with love, happiness and laughter. Cheers to you and to 2023, let the new year of adventures begin!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts