Day 159 Mucking Around

 

Friday the 13th came and went without any bad luck...if you believe in that kind of thing. The fact that it was a Friday makes it instantly good luck! Tim and I enjoyed a date night out to dinner then a visit with friends, staying out way too late. I loved this long sleeve Loft dress with its cheery bright yellow flower print and was happy to wear a dress that looked and felt good after the previous day's fashion debacle. Boots again, since it's been raining for days making everything a muddy mess. My poor chickens must be getting sick of the rain and mud, although they don't seem any worse for the wear. They are always so happy to see me and all rush to greet me. Not sure if it's me or the treats I bring but either way it's fun to see them scurry to the door. I've been so lucky to still be getting a half dozen eggs each day, especially with the cost of eggs skyrocketing. I love pulling on my rain boots in the morning, mucking around with my girls and collecting eggs, even in crappy weather. I think overall pets make us better humans, even chickens. With my trip approaching I'll need to go over chicken care with Tim, not sure he's going to love mucking around as much as I do. I'll prep everything before I go but there's still lots of daily work to be done. You can imagine how much he likes to see a list of chores to do while I'm living it up in the Florida sunshine. Blog Tim may get a bad wrap for not loving chores, but he steps up when needed. We might even get another date night or two in before I go, good luck is always with us. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts