Day 169 Florida Gal

 

I could easily get use to this fabulous Florida weather. Starting each day with a long walk under tropical trees nourishes the body and soul. The forecast called for clouds making me laugh, yes there were clouds in the sky that hid the bright sunshine when it passed behind them but it was far from a cloudy day! Once again I lounged by the pool and didn't get dressed until we were heading out to dinner. I wore my new yellow sandals with the new dress I bought just for my trip. Remember the fun dress I bought at a thrift shop and searched until I found it on Amazon? I had to buy another one since I loved it so much and the price was right at $30. The bright print was so cheery and the yellow sandals picked up the yellow in the print so nicely. We went to dinner at The Capitol Grille , an amazing steak house with locations throughout the US. We enjoyed a delicious meal with steaks that would make your mouth water. After dinner we were each given a long stem, fragrant, white rose. What a nice way to end a meal. Tim and I talked briefly, he said all my chickens are accounted for, safe and sound but looking forward to having me home. Tim also is ready for my return, all the chores and getting himself dinner has to be taking its toll on him. Whatever the reason, it's nice to be missed and appreciated, maybe I should go away more often??  RI has had terrible weather and looks like it will be bit gloomy ahead, hopefully I can bring back some sunshine. I have absorbed every bit of sunshine Florida had to offer, and visiting with Dawn in real life beats our FaceTime chats, but home is calling. I packed my little handbag, leaving a closet and bureau full of closes for my next visit and enjoyed my last night of sitting outside until the wee hours sipping wine and chatting with my friend. I wish I could bottle her up and bring her to RI along with the sunshine, but she's a Florida gal now, at least she picked a good place for me to visit. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts