Day 175 Shen Yun ...Finally!

 

What's not to love about live theater?? My daughter and I have been watching the Shen Yun show advertised for at least ten years and have always wanted to go but one conflict or another has kept us from attending. This year as soon as I saw it advertised I quickly bought two tickets and told her to block off the date, finally! We both love getting dressed up for the theatre and have a long standing tradition of going to shows together. I started taking her the the Nutcracker Ballet when she was four years old, we would see the ballet then have a dinner date every year. That continued for years until we branched out to other performances. Now that she's a full grown adult our tradition continues, some years she gets great show tickets and invites me and years I surprise her with tickets. We were both excited to get fancy for our date, I wore this amazing asian inspired, Voom by Joy Han, silk dress with bat sleeves with pretty burgundy t-strap heels. My wool, J.McLaughlin, cape with rabbit fur trim was the perfect cover for a cool evening stroll in the city. Providence Performing Arts Center is an absolutely beautiful theatre and makes every visit feel extra special. After years of waiting I'm pleased to say the show fantastic! The synchronized dancing was spectacular and beauty of Chinese culture, pre-communism worth remembering! I admit I was a little lost with some of the ancient Chinese fables but was still completely entertained by the grandeur of the performances. After the show we walked over to The G Bar , a rooftop restaurant a block away from the theatre. Since dining after the show, we were able to relax and enjoy apps, drinks and dinner while leisurely chatting and absorbing the spectacular city views. My daughter is always on the go these days with two busy boys of her own and juggling everything a young mom has to do, making our alone time together even more precious. She's going to be Forty this year so this marked our thirty sixth year of our annual theatre dinner date...we're already looking forward to our next theatre date! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts