Day 197 Presidents Day


 A Monday holiday for President's Day is like a bonus day. Funny there's really nothing but a day off in honor of them, shouldn't there be a President's Day parade, Presidential Decor or something? Regardless of the lack of fanfare for this day, Tim and I appreciated it to the fullest. I was up early for a walk with my friend Melissa, the weather has been fantastic for winter walks. Tim and I then both sat and studied for our exams for several hours. I find myself loosing focus after 30 minutes but took breaks then would get back at it. I had made reservations for lunch at Matunuck Oyster Bar, forcing us to put down the books and enjoy the best part of the day. I wore a basic black Calvin Klein wrap dress with my fun short boots. My fabulous, J.McLaughlin wool wrap with rabbit fur trim, made the outfit look so much fancier than it was, love this wrap! Oh...and let's not overlook my fancy bag and jewelry, not bad for a lunch date! We sat outside on the covered patio, soaking in an abundance of sunshine, overlooking the water and enjoying a leisurely meal of oysters, scallops and lobster, yum! I might have had a Bloody Mary or another fancy cocktail but wanted to get more studying done after our date. Tim and I both agreed we should make President's Day our annual date day, maybe even a belated Valentines date. In honor of Presidents day, Tim and I toasted to our founding fathers and appreciated every minute of the day off, even if there was no holiday fanfare. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts