Day 217 Sunny Day by the Sea

 

A beautiful sunny, Sunday afternoon out to lunch at the Coast Guard House with my mom and sister, (photo credit to my mom). My sister lives in Maine, inland, so visiting the ocean is a must every time she comes to RI. I'm not sure I could live more than 5 minutes from the water, just doesn't seem like that would work for me. A morning beach walk, watching the sunrise is tough to beat, never mind crashing through waves in the summer, I need my beach time. After doing household chores all morning I was happy for the break and welcomed the lunch date interruption. Comfort was my criteria in choosing my afternoon attire and I hit the nail on the head with this long black turtleneck dress by, Antonio Melani.  I threw on my, J.McLaughlin, Beige cape with rabbit fur to jazz it up a bit and carried my fabulous new, Claudia Firenze, handbag.  If I looked fancy it paled in comparison to how comfortable I was. We enjoyed lunch and watching the waves crash over the rocks while each eating a different variation of lobster dish. From hot lobster knuckles and claws in melted butter served over a baked potato to the more traditional lobster salad over lettuce to my pick, the decadent lobster Mac and cheese, yum! Lunch can guarantee you zero productivity for the remainder of the day, but is usually worth it. Some days are just not made for productivity. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts