Day 218 How does the Cookie Crumble ?


 My day was filled with appointments and errands but I managed to squeeze in time to make delicious walnut chocolate chip cookies, yum! My inspiration came when I stopped into a new cookie shop that everyone is raving about to buy a half dozen cookies. I walked in, looked at the pricing and immediately turned around, holy cow! I shouldn't be shocked at the $23 price tag for 6 cookies, or the $5 per cookie price considering the popularity of coffee shops that charge $5 or more for a cup of coffee.... but I am. I make my coffee at home, old school, also bake my own cookies.  I'm guessing now that one batch is worth close to $200 retail, sounds insane right!?  I've always loved to bake and would argue my cookies would hold up to any taste test going, don't even get me started on my other delicious treats. As I ran my errands I brought bags of cookies to give as I went along.  The guys at my local landfill are always so happy when I bring them sweet treats and I don't think a fresh bag of cookies hurts anyone's day. I wore jeans and looked a mess most of the day but managed to change into this beautiful bright fuchsia dress with fun blue satin booties, not bad for a baker! I was completely exhausted by the end of the day having been on the move from the crack of dawn, scurrying around. I didn't finish going through the bins I have pulled out from my weekend clean so that will carryover, ugh. Wish I had more time to get it all done, but that's just not how the cookie crumbles. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts