Day 228 Old Stomping Grounds

 

Makes sense that my pic for the day is in a casual velvet hooded sweatshirt dress, barefoot and all. I spent the day looking casual having been out on a hike then running around. I hiked the 4 mile, Worden Pond Trail through the great swamp, one of my favorite places on the planet! It's amazing how vast our forests are right within our little state and how much history can be found along the trails. Having grown up on Woden's pond the woods always bring back memories of forts and childhood explorations and of course fun. Not sure kids today are sent out for the day with no contact expected until dinner, that's just how it was. Later in the day Tim and I ran errands and ended up at one of our favorite restaurants, not by chance. The Mariner Grille's food is consistently delicious and I don't think we've ever been there without running into friends. Of course, looking like a hot mess I had hoped we might go unnoticed, not a chance. As our friends rolled in, one after another we said hello to each of them and ended up chatting with the group and staying much later than anticipated. It almost felt like a Friday night, almost. I  can't imagine I'd put on a sweatshirt dress for any Friday night but I suppose you never know. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts