Day 281 American Dream

 

Figured I might as well work in a bit of blue for the Monday blues, with my pretty Lilly Pulitzer bell sleeve dress. I find it funny that people think just because you like your job that you'd rather work than stay home....no contest there. The beautiful planter I'm standing next to is at a restaurant were I met a friend after work, I still haven't gotten around to planting much at home, so I enjoy the efforts around me. Maybe I'll take a day this coming weekend to weed, plant and generally make my home look lived in. My friend was telling me how much her husband loves doing yard work, not that I believe it fully but oh, that sounds nice. Tim is more apt to lounge in bed watching monkey documentaries than get outside for yard work...what does my friends husband have to tell her about at dinner? My man has the most interesting factoids from all that viewing. Maybe this weekend both Tim and I will work together, side by side doing yard upkeep.... interesting vision. Who ever said owning a home is the American Dream didn't mention the never ending yard work and housework involved. Is that why old people buy condo's? I see a long week ahead followed by a weekend of home care, but the sun in shining so who's complaining? Cheers to the American Dream. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts