Day 285 Tea Time

 

A formal Tea Time for an afternoon lunch, so much fun. We know it as High Tea, although unless it's on a high table and typically served after 5pm it's just a Tea Time.  Afternoon Tea filled with little sandwiches and sweets is served during the day and traditionally began with high society. Both are fancy affairs filled with rules and proper etiquette. I happen to love all the rules, dresses below the knee, no sneakers or jeans...thank you, do's and don't on how to stir your tea and more! It's an elegant luncheon with such amazingly tasty treats. There's always mini cucumber sandwiches cut into tiny squares, no crust of course, along with a variety of tiny treats that are always eaten in order of savory to sweet.  It's amazing how full you can be after a long lunch of tiny bites. I absolutely love my dress of choice. I selected it for it's 3/4 sleeves, trying to stay warm in the cold spring air. I love the elegant neckline, sparkly buttons and the fullness of the skirt due to a built in petticoat. So much fun to get my fancy on! It was the first time I've worn this elegant thrift store find and I'll be wearing it again! It was however, all a bit too much once I arrived home and had to go into my chicken coop to retrieve a stash of eggs a few of my Olive Eggers have been hiding. I asked Tim to help since I wasn't really dressed for such work, without even noticing, or appreciating my fancy he suggested I change into work clothes...gotta love that guy! So much for my highfalutin day ...muck boots on and ankle deep in chicken poop within minutes. Fortunately, Tim saved the evening by suggesting a fun date night out. We went to the Ratskeller, a fun venue with outside live music, big campfire, burgers and always filled with lots of friends. I had brought my down coat in case it was cold and holy cow was I glad I did. Down coat, jeans and sneakers, dancing in the dirt, a far cry from my fancy afternoon tea but both enjoyable. One of these days I'll bring Tim to tea time, somehow I think it will all be lost on him, but a gal can try. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts