Day 306 Steak Please

 

So happy to see Friday arrive...I've been waiting all week for it to get here! I quickly made plans for dinner with friends that Tim and I haven't seen in ages. We met at Sly Fox Den Too  where you can enjoy the most delicious Native American cuisine. The restaurant is small but there's outdoor picnic table seating for overflow and the food is incredible. The chef, Sherry Pocknett, a member of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, just got back from winning a James Beard Award and made history as the first Indigenous woman to be honored with this award! As you can imagine, we had a bit of a wait before being seated....good for her! Tim and I shared a Tomahawk Steak with a side of corn cakes, delicious!! I won't torture you with all the appetizers we tried or the amazing desserts but needless to say we all rolled out of there a few pounds heavier. This pretty shift dress didn't make it out to dinner, was too much of a work vibe for me so I changed into jeans before heading out for the night. Of course wearing jeans to dinner keeps you more honest about how much you're eating, I think those corn cakes went right to my waistline...but totally worth it! Our friends kept us entertained with stories and photos from their trip to Tortola. Tim and I will have to plan another trip for next year from the looks of it. Maybe that's what I love so much about weekends, they can be mini vacations if you plan them right! Cheers to good planning. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts