Day 315 Fathers Day

 

A quiet Fathers Day spent with family perfect way to end the weekend. Tim and I took my grandsons on a canoe ride down the Saugatucket river, behind our house. The river is usually so shallow the canoe scrapes the bottom at times and rowing can be tough, not the case this time. All that rain had the water high enough to easily cruise along with all four of us in a canoe and not scrape once. I knew all that rain would be good for something!! We spotted lots of painted turtles sunbathing, ducks, water lilies in full bloom and when an egret flew in front of us we all sat back a bit in awe...talk about a prehistoric looking bird! Back at home I quickly showered and threw on this pretty print dress, holy cow does it make me look busty...yikes! I had a chili cooking in the crockpot so when my son and his girlfriend came over we were ready to eat. My daughter joined us and we all ate, played games and celebrated the day. I miss my dad always so fathers day is just another day without him. It's funny how random the pain of loss can be, you'd think I'd feel it more on specific days but it just doesn't work that way. I do appreciate how lucky I was to have such a great dad, not everyone does. My dad was always my biggest fan but he'd call me out in a red hot minute if I stepped out of line...like only dads can. My dad would be so proud to see my grandsons so grown up and thrilled they both play baseball. I'm sure he's watching over us and smiling at all the love still being sent his way. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts