Day 323 Motown Monday

Happy I had taken the day off and slept in until 8am...could be a record for me. I had to hustle to get my cat to the vet for 10am after a lazy morning. Not sure who invented the pet carrier, in 2023 there really should be an easier way to get a cat to the vet. Time after time I'd almost have her in and she'd jump free. I even tried wrapping her in a towel like a burrito before putting her in but she'd somehow wiggle out of that too! After a solid fifteen minutes of battle royal I finally was victorious and off we were, although I may have had more hair covering me than remained on the cat. Cats are funny, there's definitely good ones and not so good ones, Pep is up there with all time best cats. She settled down, had her vaccinations but the vet is concerned about her heart. Apparently she heard a heart murmur and is worried it may be something called HCM more testing is needed. Not sure Pep will enjoy going back soon or either of us are ready for round two with the carrier so for now I'll read up on HCM and decide how to proceed. Once she was happily back home I jumped in the shower to get all the cat hair off...for a short haired cat she shed an impressive amount of hair! I changed into this cute Tommy Bahama, snake skin print dress to meet my friends for Motown Monday at Two Ten Oyster Bar. They have a fun band every Monday that plays disco and Motown hits, awesome music but with a 3:00 start I usually miss it. We danced and sang along to all our favorite songs like a bunch of teenagers....or retired folks? Since the band ends at 7pm I'll say it's more likely geared towards old folks...like me. I packed as much living into my day off as possible, although sleeping in so late made it feel like the shortest day of my life! Next time I take a day off I'll try not to sleep it away. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts