Day 380 Be Our Guest

 

After our weekend company it was time to wash sheets and remake-up our guest rooms. This is the little room my mother and I painted last winter and one I love to have company stay in. It's a small room with only a double bed making it perfect for one or for two that aren't opposed to snuggling up. My house was built in 1880 so the rooms are small, ceilings low, walls in need of insulation but has a charm you can feel when you walk inside. Of course, there's no upstairs bathroom so getting up in the night to pee is a bit of a walk downstairs. I find it funny that people looking to buy houses today require master baths never mind an upstairs bath! Even without an upstairs bathroom, my house is one that invites you to stay, relax, put your feet up, place your cup on the table without a coaster and don't worry a minute about making yourself comfortable. I love having company, a house full of commotion, friends and family, maybe that's why I've worked so hard to make my guest rooms inviting. Tim thinks I'm crazy, thinks it's silly to have the two rooms, and a pull out couch in the family room waiting on standby for visitors. He wants to take over one of the guest rooms,  most likely to fill with bags of mail he is trying to ignore. There's no doubt he will loose that battle, especially after the need for all the beds with visits from our grandchildren. I'm still finding little toys scattered throughout the house, under tables, on shelves and hidden here and there, little reminders of my loves that make me smile. I feel sad for folks that worry more about the house than the people in it. My home emanates the love that has filled it for years, it's almost a tangible feeling now as you walk inside. I'm hoping to have many more years here and fill this old house every chance I get! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts