Day 439 Rip Van Winkle

 

It's amazing what twenty hours of sleep can do for a body. I really hadn't planned on sleeping for record breaking hours, but found myself physically unable to get out of bed all morning, in fact I slept until mid afternoon!! I've been dragging along all week, feeling crappy and tired and it all seemed to come to a head and there was nothing I could do but sleep. When I finally came downstairs I wasn't sure if I was feeling better or just sleepwalking through the afternoon. Tim arrived home while I was eating breakfast, curious if we would still make it out for our evenings event. I wasn't sure either, but showered, dressed and joined the land of the living for a night out. A friend had a group of us over for dinner before heading off to the Firemen's Ball at the Dunes Club. We attend this event each year, it's a great opportunity to support our local firemen as well as enjoy a fun night of dancing and of course see a million friends. I mindlessly dressed myself in the dress earmarked for my reunion, still hanging on my closet door. It would have been a great class reunion dress but worked out beautifully for the night's event. I'm not sure I would have had the energy to put together an outfit so enjoyed the ready made fashion choice. I'll be wearing this dress more often this winter, it's so comfortable and looks fabulous! I plan on sleeping the weekend away, or at least trying, rest is clearly needed. I came home from vacation determined to start a fitness routine, get back in shape and recharge but apparently that will all have to wait until I get some rest. Rip Van Winkle has nothing on me. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts