Day 463 Leaves & Happiness

 

Happiness comes in many forms, a fresh pile of leaves is one of my girls favorite treats. The leaves give endless entertainment as the girls scratch and hunt for insects. After my morning visit with Tim, I came home to take care of a few household chores, amazed at how quickly things pile up when left. The front walkway was completely concealed beneath a thick layer of maple leaves, not the most welcoming front walk! After a quick run through the house doing dishes, laundry and getting Tims recovery set up ready I grabbed the leaf blower and set to work outside. The mundane task of blowing leaves onto a tarp was perfect to clear my head and the sunshine on my face was refreshing after all the long hours cooped up in the hospital. Once I had the tarp full I dragged it over to my hen house and emptied it into the run. The chickens couldn't get to the pile fast enough and one by one ran over to start their investigation. I may curse the leaves for the mess they make but my hens see them as droplets of gold indulgence. After all my yard work I showered, threw on my pjs and was ready for bed, only to realize it wasn't even 6pm yet. I would have made a great pioneer woman, easily up before dawn and ready for bed once the sun goes down. I sat contemplating the potential benefits of forcing myself to stay awake a while longer but honestly couldn't conjure a good argument for it and was off to bed. Tim finally  took a turn for the better, major steps forward and with this I could feel what must have been a week of stress leave my body. I collapsed into bed, for once not afraid of how his night would be, hoping only for him to get some rest. Tim will be home soon and I'll be as happy as a chicken with a new pile of leaves when he does! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts