Day 472 Helper

 

Each holiday has prep, cooking, shopping, decorating and each holiday Tim has the very important job of creating a holiday message on our little black board, we all do our part! I love his drawings and the personal touch they add to my seasonal decor. He typically draws something a touch off base but went  traditional for this Thanksgiving holiday with his cornucopia sketch. He's feeling better each day and even the Drs are impressed with the speed of his recovery. I've been cooking and serving him up great meals on the daily, exhausting but it seems to be working. With all my efforts Tim has had only a few meal requests, one being Hamburger Helper! I have honestly never even thought to buy such an item, never mind cook it but if that's the request who am I to argue? Who knew Hamburger Helper had so many flavor options? I stood in the nonsense food aisle of the grocery store reading through all the potential meal helpers, finally buying four boxes unable to decide. Once home I displayed the choices for Tim, he quickly selected the cheesy Italian Style Shells box that boasted it contained real cheese! I fought through my doubts and food snob thoughts and cheffed it up for him top speed, trying to keep my judgements to myself. While it cooked I read the box, curious if it held any nutrition at all. From what I read, it's basically a box of sodium disguised as a meal. Tim ate his gruel and being a good sport, I sat with him and ate a small bowl of it myself. Maybe it was comfort food for Tim, he ate it up as if he were dining with an old friend. I usually don't require help when cooking hamburger, can make a meal from scratch easily and without 24% sodium but if it comforts my patient then I'll make it....and looks like I'll have to make it three more times since I bought so many boxes. Thankfully there's no turkey helper and I can go ahead and cook my Thanksgiving meal without assistance. I'll cook my traditional nutritious meals, Tim will stick to drawing. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts