Day 514 Onward we Roll

 

Every time I think I have a handle on things, the never-ending housekeeping reminds me I have a long way to go! In my defense, company, holidays, having fun all get in the way of being organized. It may not be the best idea for me to have a glass top coffee table. The shelf below it looks like a mess but it also represents hours and hours of laughter and good times, my new little coaster tying it all together. Once I have a minute to take down all the holiday cheer, I'm sure things will start to look more put together, but it will also make me sad. The mess reminds me of all the love that filled the house, I can feel the vibrations of laughter as I walk through each room and gaze upon the scattered games and presents. I suppose it's for folks like me that retail shops jump the gun and put out the next holiday decor the day after one ends. The next holiday is MLK Jr. then Presidents Day and although we reflect and honor these dates, there's no parties or fanfare until Valentines Day. Valentines day goods already fill the stores and I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, I love it, onward we roll. With snow expected this weekend, I'm mentally preparing for a full day of housework, Christmas clean up and may even start decorating with hearts and love signs. Last year I had a Valentines Day party for several of my friends, one of my best ideas of 2023. What better  way to let your friends know how much you love them than a party in their honor. I'm not usually one to recycle ideas, but  some ideas are worth repeating. Hosting parties also forces me to pick up, clean the house and make each room presentable, 2024 goals. Looks like we just planned another party! Oh, the struggle is real but isn't it grand? Onward to the next wonderful mess of fun!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts