Day 528 Hat's off


 Bowling, after 58 years of this darn game it doesn't appear that I've made any improvements. Fortunately, I'm able to enjoy each string as if there's a chance of my skill level improving and me mastering the direction and speed of each ball. Bowling is one game that proves over and over to me that I don't need to win to enjoy myself, for anyone that knows my competitive spirit this may come as a surprise. If you've ever watched a bad bowler they (speaking of myself now) always blame it on the ball, clearly they picked the wrong one, it's too heavy, the wrong color, the finger holes too tight.  Each time they are up they will seek out a new ball, searching to find that one magic ball that will knock all those darn pins down. After a full game and countless ball changes I decided it was the shoes fault, too slippery, if I could only get my grip I'm sure I'd be better! The funniest moment of the game was when, by some divine intervention, I got a spare but just as all the pins fell the computer screen went blank and the spare wasn't recorded on the scoreboard!! It was the only glitch in scoring throughout the entire game, technology working against me as well as the shoes and balls. I suppose we all can't be good at everything, bowling is my reminder of this. Not being good at something should never stop us from trying or having fun with it, doing only what we succeed at would have to get boring wouldn't it? For all the games that keep us humble, bowling, golf, bocce, badminton, ping pong.... the list goes on, my hats off to you! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts