Day 530 Our Queen

 

Lounging about on a Friday night, purr-fection. The snow began just after noon, mostly flurries but heavy at times. Tim and I didn't even contemplate going out, happy to be home and have the long week behind us. We settled in for a nice dinner and sat by the fire chatting, a perfect ending to a long week. Pep was happy to have us both home, following us wherever we went and alternating laps. She is the queen of the house, both of us humans catering to her every whim, the life of Riley for sure! A bit more snow, continued freezing temperatures, dark by 5:00pm it's no wonder we prefer to stay home during the winter months. Thank goodness we enjoy each others company or we'd go crazy. Tim isn't much around the house as far as cleaning, chores or household contributions but he is entertaining. He is always ready with a new factoid or strange story, keeping me amused and entertained at all times. He's got a list of television shows he wants us to watch and is disappointed when I prefer my warm bed to the nonsense on TV. He teases me about going to bed early, but I honestly don't see the difference, once you're sitting on the couch watching tv for hours you might as well be in bed. Sitting on the couch like a blob isn't my idea of doing something and with lots to do in the wee hours of the morning, going to bed early makes good sense. I'll be rested and ready for whatever the weekend brings, I might even stay up after dark! Whatever I decide, having the weekend to do as I please is appreciated and if I happen to choose to be in bed by 7pm that's ok too..... after all Pep does it! 

Comments

Popular Posts