Day 550 Cat Nap

 

Curling up in the sunshine for a warm winter nap, oh, how I envy a cats life! Pep always finds a cozy place to catch a few winks, rest up so she's ready for hunting. I'm not a napper, but it sure looks like a good use of time. I have felt pulled in a million directions these days, lots on my plate and as a typical A type personality, I'm determined to do it all well. I seem to be scurrying from one task to another with no time to slow down, until I force myself to take a break, and that's just what I did. I put the breaks on life, everything on hold to spend the afternoon home with Tim. Although he's doing well, he still needs a bit of attention and pampering whenever he can get it. Just having me home to chat with was all he needed, even when I began cleaning and directing him to accomplish small tasks. I had several boxes for him to break down and put in the recycling bin, a job I could have easily done but with his limited abilities these days I try and have him do what he can. Tim has told me about the guys he works with complaining about their wives not breaking down boxes, so we have a running joke now about the chore. It makes us both laugh, the silly things couples get annoyed with. I tease about Tims lack of help around the house but can honestly say he and I don't get mad at each other about such small things. He drapes his sweatshirts and coats on a family room chair that drives me crazy, I take them off and he puts them back again. Likewise, I drape my things on a living room chair, so as the pot I really can't call out the kettle, lackluster ground to stand on with any argument there. Although Tim isn't ever one to pick up on his own, he takes direction well and is always willing to help when asked, with no complaints. With life pulling me here and there I'm blessed to be able to come home to a household where I can relax. Tim and I have no fear of being resented for not breaking down boxes, doing or not doing something or arguing over trivial nonsense. Oh, how we love to be home, in our safe zone, warm, cozy, happy and at ease enough to take a  nap if we want to, almost as good as a cat's life! 

Comments

Popular Posts