Day 574 Spectacular

 

There are days I struggle to find a single photo to post then there are days I have trouble singling out just one! Imagine how fortunate I felt to have an almost sixty degree day the first week of March and be lucky enough to live by the ocean. The misty morning was no indication of the spectacular day that was heading my way. I was up early, as usual, did my morning routine including my workout then headed out for a walk on the bike path with my friend, Bethany. Getting outside first thing in the morning, breathing in the fresh air starts the day off better than anything and I didn't even need a jacket! My afternoon plans were at my beach club, meeting friends to continue learning how to play Mahjong. I couldn't resist a walk on the beach before playing and it was certainly hard to drag me inside on such a nice day. After my walk, I sat on the deck, shedding my clothes down to my t-shirt and jeans to soak up the sunshine, my skin absorbing the rays like a sponge. I could feel the infusion of vitamins as the sunshine rejuvenated me after what has seemed like a long winter nap. Staying true to my word, I left the brilliant rays to sit inside and play three games, I even won the third game and almost understood how. Not sure how many more weeks it will be before I have all the rules down, but I'm impressed that ten of us continue to meet, set up two tables and give it our all to learn something new. One of our older friends at the club wants new players, since most of her friends are aging out either to nursing homes or with illnesses. I'm happy to be part of a group that cares for our older members enough to go out of our way to embrace what's important to them. Hopefully when I'm old (many, many years from now) I'll have younger friends who humor me and learn whatever game I throw at them. It's tough when you play a game that requires a table of four...another great reason to keep lots of friends around! As I sat inside with friends, listening to the waves crash and watching the sunshine dance on the water I appreciated every single minute of the day and a glorious life. Thankful for a gift of sunshine and an entire day free to enjoy it however I wanted. If I could bottle up a day, this one would be put on the shelf and marked, spectacular. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts