Day 626 Dreaming

 

Dreaming about beach days as the weather struggles to warm up. April brings high expectations but is always a mixed bag with rain, cold and often snow. Each year I make promises to myself to take time off, spend more time at the beach, soak up as much summer as I can in the short season. I usually do ok with my quest for summertime fun but this year I hope to outdo myself. Nothing beats a beach day, sitting by the waters edge with nothing to do but watch the seagulls and sunshine. I'm not sure what I enjoy more, the nothing to do or the brilliant, warm sunshine? I've been buying new beach supplies, new blanket, towel, bathing suites and coolers, I'll be ready to camp out all day with all my provisions. I love an early morning at the beach, before anyone else steps foot onto the sand. I set up, claim my spot and sit all by myself for hours before the world invades my slice of heaven. Tim is an afternoon beach guy, of course, so we tend to stay through sunsets for my late day husband. When you can sit on the beach all day and stay through sundown, there's not a day of sunlight missed. Our beach club doesn't serve food, so packing up snacks, lunch and dinner is paramount to a successful beach day, although I have lots of beach friends I can mooch off of if needed. This year I want to plan a weekly dinner night at the club, with my best beach club friends.  We can each bring a dish and enjoy dinner together, I'll work on that. We'll have to pick a weeknight that doesn't get filled with plans, maybe a Tuesday, but there's really nothing better than fun plans on the horizon. Next week my friend Lois will leave her Connecticut house for her Rhode Island beach house and I can't wait to see her! When she returns to RI it's a sure sign that beach weather is coming, although I seem to have enjoyed the beach all winter! Lois has a cute beach house right next door to our club and has been ditching her Connecticut house each summer for about sixty years! I was telling her all about learning Mahjong and we both agreed games are for the winter, neither of us willing to give up time in the sunshine. Soon enough I'll be parked in the sand and I'm not even sorry that I'll be flooding my photos with seashore photos. It's a good thing my birthday is in April or this month would be torturous as I wait for the weather to warm up, all the gifts and parties certainly ease the pain. I'll be keeping my eye on the weather, beach bag packed and toes ready for sand. Ahh, beach days. 

Comments

Popular Posts