Day 632 Sunshine by Design

 

There's not much I enjoy more than working with a blank slate and creating something fabulous. Derby day is coming up quickly so it was time to take my hat out of my imagination and bring it into reality. A plain yellow hat seemed like a good place to start, maybe add a blue ribbon, a few flowers or other accoutrements, who knows, the options are endless. The hat has been finished in my mind for weeks so it only took about fifteen minutes to secure all the pieces into their proper places. Each year I create a new hat and each year I believe I have outdone myself, this year is no exception. When Tim arrived home I was eager to show off, wearing my masterpiece to greet him as he walked in the front door. He sized it all up and without any expression change said, "well, you'd easily win any hat competition there is". He clearly knows I'm in it to win it, and by "it" I mean everything I do. Wait til you see his garb for the derby! I'd give him credit for going along with my fashion antics but he enjoys dressing up every bit as much as I do. He may have been looking at my hat wondering how he can steal the spotlight from me on derby day! I have been struggling with allergies that have now turned into a sinus infection so I finally cried uncle, had a friend call me in a prescription for an antibiotic and stayed home for the day. My friend suggested I lay on the couch all day and watch tv, imagine me doing that! Making my hat eased me into the day, then I was on to putting away winter clothes and bringing out Mt. Everest of summer clothing. I've never been good about putting away seasonal clothing, space wise, it makes sense but holy cow is it a lot of work! I got as far as piling the summer clothing on my guest room bed, hanging a few things and dreaming about wearing my. beach garb. If you remember my bedroom chair, you'll be happy to know I dug it out, put away the ridiculous pile of clothing that buried it and even put away the wrapping paper still out from Christmas. When I finally crawled into bed my body was thankful and my eyes focused in on last years derby hat, displayed prominently in my bedroom where I can see it each day to guarantee me a smile. This years hat looks like sunshine and happiness rolled into one design, I can't wait to show it off. My friend Donna is anxious to see the reveal, especially since I mentioned the food I'm bringing will match my outfit. No more clues.... You'll have to wait until Derby Day. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts