Day 666 Spring Inspiration


 A little pop of color was exactly what my deck needed and this bright green garden cart fit the bill to perfection. Thank goodness for our local Job Lot, where fancy decor is priced reasonably enough to add a few decorative touches to otherwise bland scene. I've been looking for super tall planters and have been shocked at the prices online. Seriously, over $100 for two plastic planters, no thank you. So when I walked into job lot to buy this green planter, my eye caught the perfect tall planters next to it, I curiously checked the price, $20 each...yes please. I quickly picked up two of them, tickled pink at my find and how everything is coming together. It's all looking good now but as I've been working I've been creating a large pile for the dump, old coolers, hoses and whatever trash I could find, creating Mt. Everest of trash. My driveway resembled that of Fred Sanford, I could even hear the theme song from Sanford and Son every time I looked out. Borrowing a truck and finding the time to get to the dump before 3pm on a weekday is another challenge. To my surprise and delight my son in law called to tell me he was heading to my house to clean it all up for me..he's amazing. I happen to have one of the greatest son in laws of all time, and I'm smart enough to know it. He's a great dad to my grandsons, helpful, kind and always upbeat, a real life Ted Lasso. I had told him I would need to borrow his truck at some point for my dump runs, inspiring him to just do it for me. Fortunately, my daughter is well aware of how great he is, although I called to remind her after returning home to my clean driveway. I really wish I had taken a picture of my trash pile, it was impressive! With the yard all cleaned up and planters taking shape and flowers blooming, I can feel relaxation on its way. Tim is wondering when I'll be done with all my projects, it sure seems like once one is complete it rolls into the next. I'm hoping to finish painting my driveway by this Sunday, spray paint some outdoor furniture and then I'm sure I'll find another project or two to keep me busy. Did I say relaxation was on it's way?? I suppose my idea of relaxing is different than most folks, I've never been one to sit around, read a book or sip tea...although I might try it one day. If I do sit back and relax, I'll gaze at my beautiful new planter and watch to see if the hummingbirds find the fuchsia I planted for them. Oh, spring, I'm so happy you're here, even with all the projects you inspire. 

Comments

Popular Posts