Day 725 Coordinating Colors


 Wait, that's not Tim.... nope, just perfect coordination of colors I couldn't resist sharing. My friends and I  all laughed when the bartender thought Gerard was my husband, nope, then she guessed it was another friend, not Ray either, finally Tim arrived by my side, wearing a turquoise shirt staking his claim to be by my side.  Eight of us (the beach club crew) met for dinner at the Bistro by the Sea before seeing the latest show at Theatre by the Sea, The Sound of Music. Dinner was delicious, although the room was a bit noisy, or was that us? The large round table we were seated at was so big it made it difficult to hear each conversation happening in every direction as we all talked to and over each other. We sat, enjoying our multiple conversations, right up until showtime. A friend of mine played one of the nuns in performance and dazzled me with her singing and acting skills, really impressive! The entire show was fantastic, great casting, amazing voices, captivating story and whatever theatrical changes were made were accepted by the audience without missing a beat (although recognized if you're familiar with the story). My friends were scattered throughout the theatre, only Tim and I sat together in fabulous aisle seats with no one in front of us.  A clear view of the stage sure helps with the enjoyment of a performance and we couldn't have had a better view. It's hard to believe there's only one show left for summer of 2024, the four shows put on by the summer theatre seem to mark the length of our RI summer season, which clearly goes by too quickly. I'm already eager to purchase our season tickets for next summer and have warned Vinnie, who runs the box office that I'll be requesting an aisle seat on either side of the theatre. I told him he'd be getting a lengthy note written to him with my official form and he laughed and promised to do what he could to help me out. Tim and I usually go on a Wednesday, but with our night being postponed we ended up on a Thursday and it happened to be the same show our group of friends were booked for... I imagine the universe knew what it was doing there. Mid-week theatre made for a late night home, getting to bed after 11pm and since I'm always up at the crack of dawn, the late night will be felt. Looks like a double espresso kind of day ahead, no time to slow down now, places to go, things to do...isn't summertime grand? 

Comments

Popular Posts