Day 733 Overachievers

 

Holy cow are my new White Leghorns producing a bounty of beautiful white eggs! My brown and green egglayers aren't doing too badly either, but the leghorns so far are the most consistent layers in the coop. I admire overachievers, appreciate relentless effort and never underestimate the power of determination....ok, so we're not talking about eggs anymore. Tim and I have been painting, cleaning, sorting, storing or discarding an entire household of belongings, working long hours, slowly making progress. I spent the entire morning painting over dark green walls, priming them to be painted a lighter color. Trust me, think twice before selecting dark paint unless you never want it changed. After getting one room primed I'd move into another. I worked back and fourth between the two throughout the day, working on one while the other dried. My brother and sister in law came to help us for a bit, another healthy jointed brother called in. I was slightly surprised they willingly stayed to help once they saw the mess. Ray and Tim were able to move a few large pieces of furniture out and carry smaller items to the shed while Alida went through clothing and sheets, bagging things up for goodwill. It was nice to see another human during the day, break the silence of the empty room I worked in with a bit  of much needed chit chat. At the end of the day Tim and I did a walk through, making a list of things we'd like to accomplish over the next couple of days and a few items for the future. Fortunately, our list is shrinking..we're just hoping our bodies hold out! We both see the finish line in sight and are pushing towards it, eager for a lazy beach day or at least a day of rest, we may even try to sneak in a date night. We'll be back at it first thing, chipping away at our list and painting to be done. Meanwhile, at home, my White Leghorns will be doing their job, producing fresh eggs, providing me with all the nourishment I need to keep going! 

Comments

Popular Posts