Day 753 TBTS

 

How can it already be the last show of the season at Theater by the Sea??? Wasn't it just two minutes ago I opened my mail to find our season tickets for the four shows? Well, once again, our little barn theater entertained us throughout the summer, ending with a performance of 42nd street that made me think I was in NYC at a Broadway show. Almost every show I see at our little theatre outdoes the last and holy cow this show did. Filled with singing, tap dancing and spectacular costumes thee performance had the entire audience glued to their seats until the curtain closed. Tim and I met our beach crew for dinner befor showtime, one last hoorah at the Bistro by the Sea before it closes. The theatre's restaurant has gone through lots of change in management over the years, run by a new organization each summer season. The food this year was good although I'm a bit bummed out they close so early, it's nice to go in for a drink after the show, chat with friends while avoiding the traffic that leaves. OK, so Matunuck traffic at its worst doesn't compare with real traffic...but it's what we have. Everyone leaving the little theatre at once, rushing to the grass field parking area and all bottlenecking the one exit might have some folks waiting ten minutes to get out. Enough of all the parking mess....how about my dress!? Fabulous in every way! Oh, how I love bright colors in the summer. The simplicity of a maxi dress is tough to beat, so comfortable and easy while looking  so fancy. With Autumn right around the corner, I'm trying my best to wear my summer fun dresses, quickly. I stopped into Marshalls and found all fall decor, clothing and shoes, so sad to see the summer fashion gone. I admit, even I couldn't resist a cute pair of white cowboy boots, by the time October rolls around all the best shoes will be long gone. Tim poked fun when I told him what I bought, saying he thought I probably needed another pair of shoes, wise guy. Fashion has nothing to do with need, it's indulgence at its best, otherwise we'd all have one pair of smart shoes and call it a day. Watching all that tap dancing had me thinking back to all the hours I spent in tap shoes, changing from ballet to tap daily, dancing every single day and  having little need for any real shoe other than a flip flop to get me to my dance studio. Years of dressing in tights, ballet skirts and sweats with no need for real clothes gave me extra enthusiasm every time I had a chance to put on grown up clothes. I'll be excited to see what next year's theatre line up is, they haven't given any clues yet! Whatever the four shows are, Tim and I will be there, dressed up and ready to be entertained. Cheers to TBTS for another fabulous season. 


Comments

Popular Posts