Day 773 Gordon Ramsey

 

Hustling through my day until meeting my friend Stephanie for dinner. Her Birthday was last week, celebrations were in order. I had her select the restaurant making the world (within South County), her oyster. She selected a place we've both wanted to try since it opened in the spring. Being right on the main drag in the most popular tourist spot in town we figured it might be safe to go now that folks have gone home. We've both been driving by this place for months, admiring their hip decor and beachside vibe. Well, the interior didn't disapoint, it was beautiful, down to every little detail. High top tables made from old surf boards, light blue beachy walls with ocean paintings. I loved everything about it, at first glance. I arrived first, utilizing the time to absorb the ambiance and enjoy delicious focaccia bread with herbed oil as I scanned the limited menu. Steph arrived shortly after me, and we ordered drinks and began chatting nonstop. Although we were the only two in the place, the waitress didn't come back to ask if we wanted an appetizer for what seemed like forever. By the time she appeared we quickly ordered our app and main course, afraid we might not see her again. Our fancy shrimp appetizer was delicious and looked as if it came right off the pages of a food magazine. The three tiny shrimp were on top of a slice of cucumber, resting on top of a tiny cracker, beautiful small bites but priced as if they had created a masterpiece. When our meals arrived we were eager to eat, having waited longer than anticipated but delighted to see our plates filled with steaming food. Steph cut into her chicken and to our horror, pink juices oozed out revealing bright pink meat, yikes, not what you ever want to see when cutting into chicken. The waitress appeared, food was sent back and a while later another staff member was there with apologies and letting us know her dinner was on them, so much for treating her. The prices were steep so even with her meal being compensated it was still a lofty bill, but our visit, worth every penny. We agreed we need to meet for dinner more often, way too much to catch up on if we don't meet monthly. I'll pick the restaurant next time, there's another new spot I'm dying to check out and she's always game to try something new. I wish I could give this restaurant a better review, but I think they will have trouble making it through the winter season with such a limited menu combined with high prices. If only the menu had been more in sync with the surf shack vibe rather than up scale dining, why the heck don't I rule the world? I doubt I'll go back, there's too many great food options in our tiny lot of South County real estate to have a pricey mediocre meal. Good Lord, do I sound like Gordon Ramsey or what?! Maybe they need him to visit, he'd set them straight! Wishing Stephanie a very Happy Birthday, love always and dinner on me again anytime! 

Comments

Popular Posts