Day 780 We all have baggage

 

We all have baggage and with Jet Blue's new policy that allows each person to have a carryon, I'm happy to overpack mine! Of course, I'm flying towards a storm...wasn't I just talking about storms?? Florida is bracing for a hurricane as I plan my departure, but that's more towards Tampa, not Palm Beach. I packed my bag, unpacked then repacked, ugh...I'm better off traveling with nothing. I watered plants, washed dishes, finished up any laundry and put enough food out for my chickens to last them a few days. Tim has promised to take good care of Pep and my girls while I'm away, but not sure he'll remember my plants. He's beginning to feel a bit left behind, after my trip to Maine and me now heading to Florida. As I cooked dinner he priced out my flight and told me how many seats were left on my plane.....is he trying to sneak on with me?? Someone has to hold down the fort while I'm away. He also alerted me to all weather concerns, rain, high winds...thanks Tim. He seems unaware of my close relationship with Mother Nature, she will watch over me and take good care of me throughout my travels. I don't even mind if it rains a bit while I'm in Florida, after all, I'll be visiting with Dawn and she and I will be so busy catching up we won't care what goes on around us. Dawn is excited for my visit, has bought all new bedding for my room, not that the old bedding needed replacing but she's crazy like that. I love my Florida bedroom, my home away from home with my friend. The older we get the more we appreciate our time together as well as our lifelong friendship. Dawn and I have been friends since we were eleven years old, not quite as long as Missy and I but close, almost fifty years of friendship. Old friends are the comfort food of friendship, no need to explain history, we jump in and understand each other. I often thank the young Rachel Smith for picking such amazing friends, my younger self sure was a good judge of character! We may all have baggage but as long as we find someone that doesn't mind a little extra weight here and there, we're all set. I'll be flying out early in the am, bags in hand and ready for the bright sunshine of a friend...Mother Nature watching over me, blessed. 

Comments

Popular Posts