Day 796 Octoberfest

 

Oh, how happy I am to be back in my beautiful state just in time for a long weekend. Carol and Ray invited us over for dinner and to celebrate Ray's Birthday (age unknown...he wouldn't tell). They put together such a fun Octoberfest themed dinner, along with German hats for the guys and silly aprons for us gals. From hot pretzels with cheese to bratwurst they didn't miss a thing. I was in charge of bringing the cake so went with German Chocolate, delicious. Carol had given Ray a karaoke machine and oh boy did we put it to use. It was determined that I enjoy a microphone way too much.... they had to pry it out of my grubby hands to stop me from singing. Donna has a great voice and sang a few songs beautifully...there's always one in the crowd. I was thrilled to see both Carols join in and sing at least one song, they usually are just entertained by the silliness of the rest of us. Carol threw down and sang American Pie... fantastic choice, one we all loved and sang along with her. We chatted ideas for vacations, each person coming up with their own fabulous ideas but no one coming up with one everyone liked. Who knew going away to anywhere in the world could cause such trouble... I guess the downside of having too many options is indecision. There's one in the group that is the trickiest to please and might throw a wrench into any plans. I suggested he pick three locations and the rest of us will jump onboard with one of them, we'll see. I have looked through cruises, all inclusive resorts, Air BnB's and everything in between and could land at any one of them happy as a clam. With the vacation looking tough for everyone I threw in a fantastic Air BnB house an hour away, for a weekend gathering but that idea was shot down quickly as a no go...tough crowd to please! The three requirements seem to be with the folks that think of themselves as the easiest to please, one requires luxury another safety and of course my Timothy seeks live music and fun, while all require warmth and sunshine. Now to find a safe, luxurious location that has nonstop music and entertainment...as well perfect summertime weather. Who knows where we will end up, or if we'll all go our own ways and send each other photos from our individual vacations but we're going to give a few more attempts to find that perfect spot. First world problems...but the struggle is real. Of course, as we enjoyed our German themed night we threw a visit to Germany in the mix, wouldn't it be fun to visit our friend Camilla in her home town?? Not sure she'd be ready for our group to show up on her doorstep, but we all laughed at the image. I have lots to do now that I'm back home, unpacking and laundry at the top of my list but I'll add searching vacation destinations to my day and see what shakes out. Maybe we all need to write our top three and whatever one overlaps the most wins? I'm guessing by February we'll be longing for warm sandy beaches and would quickly become less picky. I do love my crazy group of friends, including the pickiest of them and love that they put up with me...even with a microphone in hand. 

Comments

Popular Posts