Day 799 Warmth

 

I'm not one of those people that waits as long as possible to start warming up with a fire and although Oct. 14th may seem early, it felt pretty darn good. The cold mornings are even colder in my walk out basement family room, the room seems to be at least ten degrees colder than the outside temps, great in the summer but once fall hits, not as enjoyable. The kids and I hung out in our PJ's all morning, a toasty fire to warm us up was just what we needed. It's not what I call a real fire, but the pellet stove is easy and certainly more convenient for instant warmth. The kids were back at their catalog studies first thing, pen in hand to circle each item they wished for. Within an hour they had just about everything circled and Mack was writing each of their names over their picks. Amazon catalog, the warm up to online shopping. Being fully proficient with my shopping skills, I ordered a great new pair of wide leg jeans that were delivered yesterday. I quickly opened my package, pulled out the jeans just as Tim was walking by me. He glanced over at my super hip jeans and asked if they were for Halloween....what? It's a good thing I have an abundance of self confidence otherwise, I may have packaged them right back up. Instead, I'll just refer to them as my Halloween pants from here on out and get a chuckle every time I wear them. I believe I had a similar pair of the pants back in the early 80's, wide leg, high waist...yup, everything comes back around. The rule is (not sure who made the rule and certainly not going to follow it) if you wore the trend the first time around you shouldn't when it comes back in style. I'm guessing this phony rule is the creation of some fashionista that isn't fond of seeing us older folks rocking the new trends...well, too bad they were our trends first, we just didn't take pictures of ourselves so have no proof of it. I would have put right on my Halloween jeans that minute, but never actually got dressed all day! We all need a PJ day here and there and it was a great day for it, a cold, rainy, holiday, perfect for laziness. The kids and I even turned on a movie mid-day and snuggled up in front of the giant new tv to watch the Wizard of Oz. The pellet stove may not have the same ambiance as a real fire, but warmed up my family room and made it hard (close to impossible) to leave the cozy space. Looks like we will be hibernating in the basement next to the warmth all fall and winter....might be time for new furniture.... where's my catalog? 

Comments

Popular Posts