Peaceful

Waking up to find our sweet basement cat sitting on the couch as if she owns the place feels like a little miracle every single day. It was only seven short months ago that she arrived, terrified and immediately crawled into her hiding spot. To see her now, relaxed and peaceful, no longer afraid when we walk by, and even allowing us to stop for a few gentle pets, makes me happier than I can put into words.
She's slowly embracing her new life, and I'd even dare say she's enjoying it. These days she has the finest snacks, fancy food, an endless supply of toys, and the run of the house. Of course, she still keeps her basement hideaway nearby, just in case something startles her...like me tearing through the house with a vacuum cleaner.
Tim was off playing cards, so I took advantage of the quiet house to tackle some cleaning. And holy cow, did the house need it! Between cat fur, dust bunnies, and enough beach sand from sandy toes to start my own little shoreline, the vacuum definitely earned its keep.
As I vacuumed, I couldn't help but think about Tim insisting that he's much better at vacuuming than I am. And you know what? I think he's right. In fact, I think he's so good at it that he should probably just take over the job entirely.
Now, I can't actually remember the last time he vacuumed. He may be under the impression that it only needs to be done twice a year. Heck, if I only vacuumed twice a year, I'd probably do a thorough job too! But fair is fair, he says he's better than me, so I'm more than willing to pass the vacuum baton and let him enjoy all the glory.
He's always accusing me of keeping the fun chores for myself, like power washing. Such a shame...I may just have to let him have that one too.
By the time Tim came home, I was already sound asleep, feeling every bit as peaceful as our basement cat, happy to have the chores behind me and exhausted from a long, productive day. Funny how both of us embraced the same thing: life is a whole lot sweeter when you have a cozy place to land.
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." — Leonardo da Vinci


Comments
Post a Comment