Timing

And here I am, back to my virtual run through Guatemala every morning! When you can't squeeze a leg into your jeans, it's time to get everything back in check... like it or not.

A couple of years ago, I had such a good daily routine: write, run, then get on with my day. I'm not really sure what happened or why I let the daily exercise slip away. I'm admittedly a tad OCD when it comes to routines, either I do something every single day, or I drop it completely.

So I've set a few new self-imposed rules: run or bike every morning, with one guilt-free day each week to slack off and skip... but never more than one. It's tough finding the time, but the truth is, we have to make the time fit, or end up looking like Large Marge and staring into the closet wishing clothes fit.

I suppose it's just part of aging, the part I probably dislike the most. Aren't wrinkles and poor vision enough? ....Apparently not!

At least my choice of scenery is fantastic. Crystal-clear blue water, lush green mountains, and an endless sunny day aren't a bad way to start the morning. I actually ran to this same virtual video for over a year without ever knowing where it was. Finally, I snapped a picture from the screen, did a quick Google search, and solved the mystery. It's a lake in the southwestern highlands of Guatemala... pretty darn nice if you ask me.

My morning treadmill, or stationary bike, has officially worked its way back into my daily routine, and honestly, that's probably where it belongs. If I could squeeze another 30-minute habit into the day, I'd love to dedicate it to housecleaning. But for now, my morning power hour is enough.

If all goes according to plan, I should have my summer body back by midwinter... which sounds like the perfect excuse to book a winter vacation. Timing, as they say, is everything. Until then, I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other, virtually, anyway.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." ~ Robert Collier

Comments

Popular Posts