Day 15 Fabulous


 After a long drought we finally had a rainy day! I love to wear bright colors on a rainy day, so yesterday I was bright. I wore a  Jude Connally  dress, it was soft and comfortable while being bright and cheerful. Jude Connally also makes the best pants! I worked all day, really never leaving my office, then went home. If it wasn't for a quick stop to CVS, where a homeless man sitting outside told me how much he liked my outfit and how pretty I looked, my outfit may have gone completely unseen. So, what is a "wasted outfit" I have often been told  that I, "got dressed up for nothing" or that I "wasted a good outfit", to all this I say BS. These people must think I get dressed with them in mind and that couldn't be farther from the truth. When I put on an outfit its to make myself smile. I enjoy feeling good and looking my best and am only out to please myself with my attire. If I tried to dress to please anyone else it would be a disaster. Someone else may not enjoy bright colors or crazy jewelry or appreciate my crazy sunglasses. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and dress with blinders on. If you can look at yourself and say, Fantastic, then you're perfect. The only wasted outfit is the one that brought you no joy to wear. The only time you get dressed up for nothing is if you don't admire yourself and the beauty you emit from within. My apologies for being a bit preachy this morning but I think we all need a reminder now and again to really admire ourselves and compliment ourselves. The world is hard enough on us, let's not join in!! With all that said, yesterday, I looked fabulous! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts