Day One #NoPressure


Day one, Victory Day, possibly the most important day of my blog. What to wear??  Since Rhode Island is the only state that still celebrates Victory Day, I had the day off. August in RI with a day off  = beach day!!  The dress of choice; a fantastic zebra print Lilly Pulitzer maxi dress. We'll call it a beach coverup because it is 100% Cotton and has a hood. It's perfect for a day (or night) at the beach and is so incredibly comfortable! I arrived at the beach un-showered, no makeup and bare foot, like most civilized people. Beach bum is a popular phrase for a reason! I upped my game a bit with cool sunglasses, accessories do make (or break) an outfit. These are  Quay shades, an Australian company that makes super fun sunglasses. I bought them last year for my backyard wedding, but totally forgot to wear them that day, ugh! The only other accessories needed today were a beach chair and a trendy beach bag!! With temps in the 90's it was the perfect place to be!! Yes, I know how lucky I am to live near the beach and I'm thankful everyday for it. 

Now lets' chat a minute about this blog. I spoke with my mother at 6:00 this morning and she asked if I had posted a photo yet with a write up....wait....what??? No!  I wasn't even dressed yet! I was sitting enjoying a coffee not even thinking about what I'd wear.  I then went for a walk with a friend who told me I'd have to invest in pink lighting, "good photo's are all about the lighting". Invest in lighting?? oh boy! It wasn't even 7:00am and already I was feeling the pressure! I might never have the perfect lighting or blog in a timely manner but let's face it, if we waited for things to be perfect we'd never get anything done. So with all pressure aside I say, Phew....day one complete bad lighting and all! 



Comments

  1. Great choice and there's no bad lighting on the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The beach seems to be perfect in every way!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic first blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Appreciate you taking the time to read it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts